Tuesday 4 March 2014

Hard work pays off - The 8th Fold Musical

I heard some brilliant news this week, which proves hard work really does pay off! 

Firstly let me take you back to November. It was Remembrance Sunday and after attending a service I went along to watch a show in the Duchess Theatre.
 

Nothing too crazy there I know, but this was a one night only performance of the music from a brand new musical "The 8th Fold" written by Gianni Onori and book by Gianni and Ava Eldred.
 

The thing about new musicals is you have no idea what to expect, yet you have a lot of expectations. You've given your money to watch something brand new and you do not want to be disappointed!
 

And I have to say I definitely wasn’t. The show was incredible. The set was basic as it was just a showcase but that was all that was needed as the talent and work really shone through.
 

To put it simply, the show blew me away.
 

The orchestra was brilliantly led by Angharad Sanders and the boys were so talented and had incredible voices. But the thing that thrilled me most was listening to the brand new songs that Gianni Onori has created (I call them songs but quite truly some of them are stadium filling anthems). My favourites were "Mother Says" which quite literally had me in tears and "Ground Zero" which almost took the roof off the Duchess Theatre!! I had also previously seen the workshop of the whole production so know that the book by Ava Eldred is just as good.
 

I am proud to say I was one of the first out of my seat for a well deserved standing ovation for Gianni and the team!
 

Now to bring you back to this week. This week I hear that after months of hard work Gianni and Ava, working with the brand new company Onoray Music have just been accepted to go to the New York Fringe Festival! Did you just hear me? I said NEW YORK!!!!!
I am absolutely thrilled for the whole team and can’t wait to see where they take “The 8th Fold” next!


Congrats Onoray Music truly proud of you and the hard work you’ve put in!! 

Love J 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment