Sunday 8 July 2012

Climbing the Monument.

If you follow our Twitter, then you'll know that last week I was on a sight seeing tour of London with my little brother.
I wanted to go to all the things that I hadn't already done in London, and that lead us to Monument.

The Monument is in Monument Street just of Fish Street Hill and was built to commemorate the Great Fire of London.

For £3 (£1.50 fo under 15's) you can climb the 311 steps and get an amazing view of the city. 311 steps I hear you shout, but honestly it wasn't that bad I liked to think of it as a step class at the gym.

The only problem was once you started walking you couldn't really stop, as the spiral staircase was so narrow and people were walking back down so you just had to power through the leg ache! But when you arrive at the top it really is worth it! The views are amazing, here are a few of my fav snaps from the day!

On the way out you also get a certificate! Well worth a look, it would be a realy cool place to take family, friends or even a date!

The Gherkin

The view of the street from the Monument.

Tower Bridge.

St Paul's (one of my favourite  buildings)




My Certificate!!!!

Lots of Love J xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment